Saturday, January 22, 2011

New Beginnings


I realized today that I am horrible at keeping up with this, but I have a new focus that should help me out. Last year, being my 30th year, I had decided to finally get in shape and be healthy. Well, another year later I have made zero progress and I have finally had enough. It has been about 6 weeks now since I started making changes to my life and I decided it might be time to document it and share it with the world. The good, the bad and those very ugly and dark days.


Six weeks ago I started Weight Watchers for the 4th time. I used this method about 5 years ago for my best friend's wedding and lost about 20lbs. Somewhere I fell off the wagon and made a few unsuccessful attempts since then. It was the weight loss challenge at work that motivated me to try again; there was money involved!!! And I need all the extra cash I can get. I signed up online and have been measuring, tracking and losing ever since! I have had one bad "up" week, but have doubled my focus and set myself a goal.


My 31st birthday!! It is on April 28th and I have a 25lb challenge to lose by then. It won't be easy and I have tacked pictures of myself at my highest and lowest weight to the fridge. It serves as a good reminder of where I was (7 years ago) and the midpoint (5 years ago). After the initial 25 challenge I will have one more 25 til I reach my goal. Not sure what that date will be, will keep you posted. My weigh-in day is Sunday, tomorrow, and I know that the scale will be in my favor this week! Along with my healthy eating I have started a fantastic walking program; Walk Away the Pounds. I am not one who likes to use the gym, I much prefer to be outside. Michigan winters don't usually let this happen!!! So, I walk in my apartment and just did the 3 mile yesterday and the 2 mile today. I feel so much better about where my life is headed.


Tonight I plan on making a fab seafood dinner to share and then out with friends. I know that when I go out I can't suck down the cosmos (7 points each!) and will enjoy something I can sip. It's more about the company anyway :)
Picture above is from NYE's, pretty much at my starting point, minus about 5lbs. One day at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment