Sunday, January 30, 2011

Dancing and 3AM Nachos


I was fully prepared to share my joy that I had finally beat the 10 pound mark, until I went out last night and completely blew the weekend. I was doing so well tracking and eating well along with the 3 mile walks up until Thursday. After a long day of work I took my girl Ang to Meijer for late night grocery shopping. My first mistake? Not eating dinner before going. Nope, I didn't buy out the store of all their junk food, I did stay pretty well on track. I did, however, hit the Taco Bell drive thru after! ACK!!!!!

Needless to say that day was shot pretty quickly. Friday I woke up with great resolve to kick it in high gear again and started out my morning with a 3 mile walk. Friday night saw me at my favorite local hangout with 2 cosmos (14 pts) and a thin crust pizza (pts unknown!!). Top that off with 2 more beers at the next joint and my points are all gone for the day and the week and I still have Saturday to contend with. Good intentions for Saturday were gone with the leftover pizza, Chinese buffet, fried pickles, and countless drinks and a shot of tequilla. I do have to admit it was a very fun night with my friends and my guy (in is defense he tried to tell me to back off the junk, I just blamed it on PMS) and I know I danced off at least one fried pickle. Late night dancing was followed by tasty nachos at 3am. Why, oh why??????

So, the moment of truth is the scale on Sunday morning. I knew it was not going to be good, but it was beyond awful. I GAINED 4lbs this last week!!! 4 FREAKIN pounds. Now, I know that I have no one to blame but myself, and I take full responsibility, but it still sucks.
Why is it so hard for me to stay on track? I am great one week on followed by a week of I can do whatever and I suffer for it. What can I do to get myself to stay on track every week? Any advice is always welcomed :)

Tomorrow is the last weigh-in day for the office weight loss challenge. I had been in the lead as of last week, but I may have killed it today. Here's to hoping that this is mostly water and that I can shed it before tomorrow morning! Update tomorrow to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment